quarta-feira, 28 de março de 2012

An App That Shows Your Real-Time Location To Your Facebook Friends: Like Or Dislike?

An App That Shows Your Real-Time Location To Your Facebook Friends: Like Or Dislike?

 Need another app to make stalking connecting with your friends on Facebook much easier? If so, you’ll be delighted to know that such an app is now available in the App Store, seeking to feed your need for getting in touch with your friends at every possible opportunity, or, in this case, at every turn on the map. Just look for Find My Facebook Friends in the App Store and you’re good to go.
As noted by 9to5Mac, Find My Facebook Friends had a rather bumpy road leading to its ultimate approval and availability in the App Store. It was rejected by Apple twice supposedly because its original name and icon were too similar to those of Apple’s own location-aware friend-finding app, Find My Friends. But after changing its name from Find My Friends For Facebook and redesigning its icon from one that looks just like the Find My Friends icon save for its use of Facebook’s signature shade of blue, the app was finally able to obtain the go signal from Apple’s review team.
As expected, Find My Facebook Friends works pretty much in the same way as Find My Friends, except that the friends involved in your search are limited to the ones on your immediate Facebook network. It lets you easily locate them, even alerts you when any of them is within your vicinity, provided that they also have the app installed on their iOS devices. You can also apply a level of protection for your privacy by sharing your location only with those in a specific friend list or only with a number of individual friends. And since you can also send messages to your Facebook friends from within the app, you can easily arrange to meet if you happen to be just a stone’s throw from one another.
I have to admit that the app struck me as a bit intrusive at first. But after learning that you can control who gets to have access to your real-time location, I became less opposed to the idea. I’m just hoping that “Find My Facebook Friends” doesn’t land in the same headline as “breakup” and “divorce” anytime soon.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário